I want to come to YOU! Let’s make this happen!
This year, thanks to Mike Peto, I have discovered my new found passion for leading day long workshops! Conferences are WONDERFUL, however I always find myself bummed that I only get to spend an hour presenting on topics that I could spend the whole entire day digging into! Workshops allow me to do just that! I have the WHOLE day to “play”, model, and practice my favorite Comprehensible Input strategies with a group of enthusiastic educators (who I also have the opportunity to get to know better and interact with more on a personal level since we have the whole day together).
Mike Peto wrote this incredibly flattering blog (especially considering how much I admire him and the work he does for our community) after organizing my workshop in North Carolina.
Another remarkable teacher wrote me an email afterwards saying this (she gave me permission to share):
I’m having the absolute BEST week of my teaching career after attending your workshop last Saturday. Right now I find myself between jumping up and down and screaming for joy and crying for PURE gratitude to have met you, attended your workshop and to be a teacher!! Teaching and working with people has always been my passion, but something was missing and now I’ve found it, thanks to you. I’m in tears…. I’m so grateful. My students don’t want to leave my class. They LOVE learning Spanish and JUST THIS WEEK, IN JUST THESE FEW DAYS, THEY’VE LEARNED SO MUCH. Not only that they’ve learned so much, but that they LOVE learning. They LOVE speaking Spanish. They feel compelled to speak and be engaged in English, Spanish and Espanglish! How ever they do it, they are showing comprehension. AAAAAAAlleluiah! AAAAAAAlleluiah! Alleluia! Alleeeeeeeluuuuuuia!!!!!! I have so much more to learn though AND I’M ON FIRE!!! Ready to do it!
Here are a few more anonymous reviews of my day long workshops:
- Your energy and passion are so evident. thank you for re-energizing me. I was a bit nervous about today as my last training with two big names in CI was not good. It was unfocused, expensive, and while I took some things away with me, I wanted so much more. Thank you for presenting a well thought out, organized day of learning. I appreciate your openness, your rawness, and you.
- This week after the day I spent in your workshop, has been the absolute BEST in my teaching career. It was like renewing my wedding vows. Yes!! I still love teaching and even MORE than before because of what I learned from you. I guess you could add “Marriage Counselor” to your list of achievements 🙂
I’d been practicing CI to some degree, but there were missing pieces that I figured in your class. Also, you gave me the courage and enthusiasm to push myself a little more. It was great to see you in action because I’d mostly read and watched some youtube videos. You gave us all a treasure. ¡Mil gracias!
- Thank you for saying this is all still effective if you are chill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you for sharing your passions and thereby helping us regain touch with ours!!!!!!
- I was a little leary you would be more bubbly-ness then content but I am in awe of your thoughtfulness (teaching and emotionally) and your well crafted, right to the point seminar. It really reinforced what I am doing and gave me good ideas. Buen trabajo!
- That was the best “bang for your buck” workshop since Mike Peto’s last November. You all obviously love and believe in what you are doing to present for such small gains!
If you’d like to consider organizing a workshop near you, it may be easier than you think! Shoot me an email (email@example.com) and let’s start the conversation!
I can’t wait to work with you!
La Maestra Loca